Msigner

Msigner

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Improve your looks: Add some muscles! (My first time)

Few years ago, my plain body looks just like an ordinary guy you can find on the street. Worse, I don't even got that abs that most bystanders posses. I enjoy being a couch potatoe. I love playing computer games such as PS2 and XBOX (that time, today I have PS3 and XBOX 360 <3). Then on my second work, we got a free gym in there and that's where everything started.

I trained there for the first time and our good "City Service" guy named Joel thought me few exercises. My God! I only trained for 45 minutes and my body ache like hell for 1 whole week! I can't lift a piece of ball pen after and I cannot even straighten my arms and preferred it to be curled only just like a T-rex. 

My body that time is designed to just sleep and eat and was shocked because of the gruesome training. I only use a max of 10 lb. dumbbells and I even need a spot on it. Pathetic huh?

After a week, I didn't became downhearted of what happened. I trained and another "City Service" guy named Bert lectured me some nutrition backed up with science.

So basically, body building is the product of EXERCISE and NUTRITION at its best! You can't have the body you like when you only got one of the factors. Perseverance is the key.

He thought me some points to remember:
  • Drink your whey immediately after workout. You only have 1 hour window to drink whey. This is the  time when your body absorbs more nutrients because it was utilized during the workout and requires immediate source of nutrition to repair damaged tissues.
  • Eat heavy breakfast to cut your body in a catabolic state. This is a status where in your body will break down your own muscles to be converted to energy because you didn't eat the whole time you are sleeping. You can eat high carbohydrates like rice, protein from eggs or meat, and low on fat.
  • As the time goes by, it fewer carbohydrates. Cut the carbohydrates at night because you are more likely less active and the carbs will not be used and the body will store it as a form of body fat.
  • You can take a whole day break after a workout. 
    • Example:
      • Monday - Chest and Biceps
      • Tuesday - No Workout
      • Wednesday - Back and Triceps
      • Thursday - Now Workout
      • Friday - Legs and Abs
      • Saturday -No Workout (To have time to bond with family and friends)
      • Sunday - No Workout (To have time to bond with family and friends)
If you got questions, don't be shy commenting on this blog. I'll respond immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment